Tuesday, April 26, 2005

The Catholic Church Like it or LEAVE IT!

This was supposed to be a congratulatory piece on our new pontiff His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI... and although I personally do want to extend my best wishes and prayers to our new Pope.... I for one will be fervently praying for him and for our Church.... we all need it. Ok... Bill O. you were right.... but don't let it go to your head... any idiot could have predicted the bad press.

I am sick of it... totally sick of it.... What is "it" you ask? It is the way that SOME "members" of the Catholic Church in America and Europe want to destroy MY Church... and yes... it is MY Church.... I was Baptized into... and have followed it's tenants carefully in my 46 years... there were times when I didn't agree.... times when youth and selfishness blinded me to the VALUE of the Churches teachings... and when the two worlds collided I stayed home.... I didn't expect the Church to change for me... to accept what the Church teaches means we have to accept what Christ teaches.... there is no room for comfort zones... if you aren't comfortable.... and you aren't willing to try to live up to the profession of your faith.... well... THAT is what freedom to worship REALLY is.... it's the freedom to visit every kind of faith available... and choosing the one that most represents your faith....... or if you prefer not to believe at all. Unfortunately MOST if not all Christian Churches believe in the Culture of Life.... and MOST do not consider Homosexuality a life style choice one cannot control THAT is not only their right but.... according to God's word.... it IS RIGHT.

With the death of PJP2 memorabilia from his reign and memorials on DVD are popular, I also bought one of these memorials... and was surprised to hear PJP2 say.... that even if it meant that there were NO Catholics left.... he could not support things that were contrary to the teachings of Jesus Christ.... I almost clapped in spite of myself. I don't think he was speaking to hear himself talk... and that's likely why so many Catholics have chosen to leave the Church.... in recent years.... Now... if we can only convince all the rest that stay only to try to force feed their culture of death and sin agenda down our throats.... this includes those radical priests and bishops that forget to whom they have sworn allegiance to.... Did they really meet a radical God when they studied in the Seminary? Would Jesus give the thumbs up to their feel good messages from their progressive pulpits? Jesus was all about love they say.... He loved everyone.... I have to agree.... He sure did...... He also told us to love the sinner.... but to hate the sin.... and His message hasn't changed in the last 2000 years.... Oh.... and another thing.... He tells us to Go... and Sin no more....

I have no doubt that our new servant Pope Benedict XVI will continue in the same tradition the Church has been dedicated to ever since Jesus told St. Peter he was the rock on which the Church would be built... after all.... We have only God's word on it.... Jesus' teachings.... and the Holy Spirit to help us stay the course on our path to eternal salvation.

When you think of s I n ..... Remember...... I is in the middle of sin.... reminding us of how we sin most.... when we put our wants and needs above what is right... and above all else.