Sunday, August 07, 2005

Perplexing...

The longer I dwell on the news reports surrounding the alleged connection between Joseph Duncan and the Anthony Martinez kidnap/murder.... the more perplexed I become. First is the issue of the partial finger print found on the duct tape used to bind or gag little Anthony... and the obvious lack of investigation into it.... if the state police or the San Francisco authorities had bothered to check states near by.... or even nation wide for the perpetrator.... perhaps Duncan would have been apprehended and convicted a long time ago.... sparing the lives of countless others including the Groene and Mackensie families. Since Duncan had been in trouble of some sort basically for all of his teen years.... AND.... he was arrested.... tried and convicted in Washington state.... his finger prints were on file SOMEWHERE...... I don't understand why "possible convicted pedophiles" who were now out on bond or parole were not looked at VERY closely.... and at the minimum their finger prints checked again the partial left at the scene of the homicide... it just does not make sense!!!

The other thing that is bothering me is that NO one is mentioning my tip. Now......don't get me wrong... the accolades are nice...but not necessary...... to me the reward of knowing that Anthony's family can garner some fraction of "justice" and rest easy knowing that their son's killer will ultimately be punished for taking their precious Anthony's life....they have a name and face to vent their outrage, anger and distain towards.... rather then a unknown evil entity.... the evil one who robbed them of their son .....has a name and it's Joseph Duncan. As I stated to both the FBI AND the San Francisco Police dept. when I emailed them the tip about Duncan's possible involvement in the Martinez case on July 11th.... Ok so I told them I don't know if he had anything to do with this case........but if he did.......to get him for Anthony...... My being honest about the relevance shouldn't preclude them from following a tip..... even one they may also consider remote at the time.

I have to wonder........why it took the FBI contacting the San Francisco police to alert them to the possible involvement of Duncan when I emailed the tip to them DAYS BEFORE??? To me......that is a very valid question and one that begs to be answered..... they had the information..... they should have in my opinion been contacting the FBI.... asking for finger prints... which is contrary to what the sheriff there has been stating in every news conference I have seen...... didn't they know they had a tip?? I sent the information to the detective in charge of the case!!!! I emailed the FBI at the same time mainly because the FIRST detective's email listed on the flyer was no longer working...... and there was an alternative email address......so I used that. Fearing it might get overlooked or come back to me undeliverable again.... I decided to contact the FBI... I was that sure that Duncan was their man. I have always believed that ALL tips are checked out.... no matter how far fetched or improbable..... true.... all I am is an internet rookie detective.... and not an actual eyewitness.... but the information I was supplying....as it turns out was not just valid....but would have solved the case......HAD THEY CHECKED IT OUT...... The finger print.........if they had matched it against those in another state's data base.... could have solved the case eight years ago......IF THEY HAD CHECKED..... so........why aren't they checking? And how many innocent children are becoming victims because of these lapses in duty? That is what is so very perplexing to me......