Friday, December 19, 2008

Delaware Domestic Violence Disaster Area

With all the information available to protect women from Domestic Violence not only in the home but in the courts the First State or Delaware is Last when it comes to providing the protection women need. Despite our Vice-President elect Joe Biden's own stated and avowed personal commitment to protecting the most vulnerable of our citizens; the women and children of the First State are too often abused and imprisoned further by the very system put in place to protect them. It was my own journey through this jungle of lopsided injustice that is being masqueraded as not only justice... but equal protection under the law... This dismal failure to protect has prompted me to speak out for all those whose voices are silenced in the interest of protecting the abusers and the court system that allows them to continue to prey on their innocent victims usurping not only their safety but their rights and entitlements that are supposed to be protected by law.

Some might say I am cynical but the truth; when you are dying is of the utmost importance, as a Christian I believe you can't get into Heaven without it... Jesus after all is the truth... and the way so if you aren't walking in the truth you have lost your way. I walked in the truth, I tried very hard to do what was right, I was not seeking to be vindictive, and I never sought to ruin anyone's life or reputation. I just wanted the abuse to end and for my children and I to be able to live free from it. Mine is not your typical abuse story, my husband Chuck Campagne wasn't the type to go out on an drunk only to come home and abuse me physically like the majority of abuse cases are. They fit that cycle of abuse that is hanging up in every women's center I have ever been in, but we didn't fit into it, because my husband was not your classic abuser. He didn't need to be angry or drunk to abuse me, he had a spanking fetish which turned to abuse, and he would beat me just in case I had any ideas of doing something wrong.

To Be Continued...

Labels: , , , , ,